hih-trust

The Hand-in-Hand Trust Corporation Incorporated, as the largest Trust institution in Guyana, has a long and proud history of service to Guyana.

In May, 1971, the Guyana National Co-operative Bank established a Trust Department to carry out the various Trust Services of the Bank. This department was subsequently incorporated as the G.N.C.B. Trust Company Limited on the 28th December, 1971; a wholly owned subsidiary of the Guyana National Co-operative Bank, with its own Board of Directors.

February 23rd, 1977, the G.N.C.B. Trust Company was reconstituted and established as the G.N.C.B. Trust Corporation.
On the 3rd February, 1999, the G.N.C.B. Trust Corporation was incorporated under the Companies Act of Guyana; becoming a public company known as the G.N.C.B. Trust Corporation Incorporated.

November 20th, 2002, the Hand-in-Hand Mutual Fire Insurance Company Limited acquired ninety percent (90%) of the shares of the GNCB Trust Corporation Incorporated and the Government of Guyana retained the remaining ten percent (10%) through its holding company, National Industrial and Commercial Investment Limited.

March 14th, 2003, the Hand-in-Hand Mutual Life Assurance Company Limited and the Guyana Co-operative Insurance Services Incorporated (G.C.I.S.) acquired three hundred and seventy-five thousand (375,000) and two hundred and fifty thousand (250,000) shares respectively from the Hand-in-Hand Mutual Fire Insurance company Limited; thereby changing shareholding of the Trust Corporation.

In September, 2003, the name G.N.C.B. Trust Corporation Incorporated was changed to Hand-in-Hand Trust Corporation Incorporated.

The current shareholding of Hand-in-Hand Trust Corporation Incorporated is as follows:

ENTITY/INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE OF ISSUED SHARES
Hand-in-Hand Mutual Fire Insurance Company Limited
Hand-in-Hand Mutual Life Assurance Company Limited
Guyana Co-operative Insurance Services Incorporated
National Industrial & Commercial Investment Limited
72
15
10
3
Total 100

Today, the Hand-in-Hand Trust Corporation Incorporated remains a member of the Hand-in-Hand Group of Companies.